Have you recently had a joint repair, reconstruction or replacement?
Rehabilitation following surgery can be daunting, and understanding what your should or should not do can seem extremely complicated.
If you are scheduled for surgery, thing you should consider to make your recovery easier and quicker are:
- What pre-operation exercises are appropriate for you
- What Equipment needs to be organised before your operation date
- What is the treatment plan following your operation from day 0 to reaching your end goal
Our team at the Canberra Physiotherapy Centre has been working closely alongside many of the surgeons around Canberra for the last 35 years. We have a wealth of experience in what is effective in lead up to surgery, working with patients in the hospital immediately following surgery and the road to full recovery as an outpatient.
The most common types of surgery we see include:
- Shoulder rotator cuff and labral repair
- Shoulder anatomic and reverse replacement
- Elbow and wrist surgery
- Knee ACL, MCL and meniscus repair
- Knee replacement
- Hip labral repair
- Hip replacement
- Ankle ligament repair and reconstruction
- Neck laminectomy, discectomy and fusion
- Back laminectomy, discectomy and fusion
If you want to get the most out of your surgery come in to see us to discuss how and develop your treatment plan.