Exercise is an integral part of developing and maintaining function, strength, mobility, balance and good long term health, as well as preventing a myriad of chronic health problems.
Choosing the right exercise program for your health condition, injury or performance goals can be overwhelming with the vast number of exercise choices out there and knowing what the risk factors could be for you.
Our experienced exercise physiologist Canberra discusses the goals of each client in depth and then assesses their physical capabilities to determine what exercise program would be most effective for them to reach their chosen goals.
Pain and injury management programmes
- Appropriate for injured workers
- Whole body approach to address secondary deconditioning
- Graded work conditioning
- Prepares individuals specifically for a safe return to their pre-injury role
- Ensures that they can also return to their pre-injury life outside of work
- Generally incorporates education regarding ergonomics, safe manual handing, injury prevention and active self management strategies
Post-operative rehabilitation programmes
- Appropriate for return to activities such as gym and sport following surgery
- Prepared in consultation with your treating physiotherapist and surgeon
- Can involve development of a simple strengthening program to more advanced lifting techniques, depending on the clients requirements
- Personalised coaching to enhance motivation and consistency
- Aimed to develop skills on the appropriate exercise choices for ongoing self-management of each clients specific needs from an exercise program
Our exercise physiologist also provides tailored exercise programs, health coaching and self management advice in relation to:
- Chronic disease management (including chronic pain, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, arthritis, cancer recovery and cardio-respiratory conditions)
- Mobility and falls prevention
- Nutrition and weight loss
- Sports specific performance training
- Personal training
- Gym, pool or home exercise programming
Access and support for Exercise Physiology continues to improve!
- Most Private Health Insurers now offer rebates for Exercise Physiology
- Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plans may available from your GP to cover Exercise Physiology
- Eligible Department of Veteran Affairs clients may be referred for Exercise Physiology from your GP