What we do
At the Canberra Physiotherapy Centre, we treat a wide variety of conditions, ranging from sporting injuries through to rehabilitation from major orthopaedic surgery, fractures or joint injuries. Other common complaints include neck or back pain and overuse injuries, which are also the areas of expertise of our therapists.
Our approach to treatment
Treatment may include:
- joint manipulation or mobilisation
- soft tissue massage
- supervised exercises
- pain relief techniques, such as electrotherapy
- pain management education
- postural and ergonomic advice
- a home exercise program.
Physiotherapy helps put you back into action by carefully treating your painful joints and muscles, educating you about managing your condition, advising you on ways to prevent the problem happening again, and designing a personal exercise program.
Conditions we treat
We treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- musculoskeletal problems such:
- spinal injuries and pain
- joint and muscle injuries and pain
- sporting injuries
- pre-operative education and post-operative orthopaedic rehabilitation (for ankles, feet, knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, hands and feet)
- in-patient treatment (including cardiothoracic conditions)
- incontinence, and
- pain management, rehabilitation, workers’ compensation cases.